Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Message from Ethney

Hello Sisters!
This month we are also lucky to have our Stake Fill the Temple on Nov 20 & 21st. This is where everyone in the stake that is able tries to attend the various temple works as much and as often as they are able. This is a great opportunity to do initiatory work, sealings and baptisms to tag along with the usual session. There is no better way to be a disciple of Christ than to serve those who are anxiously awaiting for their temple work to be done.
These past 2 years, Mike & I have had the opportunity to work on my 7th great aunt & uncles family. We started each of them just after they had their baptisms done by my cousins. It was amazing to have us each going to the temple with another name, to do their initiatory work, then their endowments and then to seal them all together as a family at our last Fill the Temple. It was such a special time and brought a bit more meaning to each temple visit. As we continue to look for opportunities to serve those close to us and in our communities during our 12 Hours of Service, I would like to quote President Monson from his What Have I Done for Someone Today? given in October's General Conference. He says, "The Savior taught His disciples, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it." Pres. Monson goes on to say, "I believe the Savior is telling us that unless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives." I hope as we come to next week and the 20 & 21st we will remember how much purpose service brings to our lives and make our best effort to do all that we can. I have a testimony of attending the temple often and regularly, I know Heavenly Father is no near to me and speaks to my mind and heart. As I serve his children, he blesses me with answers to concerns or questions. I am grateful to have a temple so close. I say this in the Name of My Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones